Your guide and tips for a successful career

Take One Step At A Time

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 At 4:12 AM

Don’t just sit there reading this book – take action! If you’ve read through Chapters 1 and 2, you should already have a bucketful of ideas about what sort of career you want and the sorts of skills you have (or don’t have).

What are the things that you can change immediately – from tomorrow, in fact?

Don’t keep putting if off. Do something today.

Take just a few minutes now to think about the things that you could stop, start, and continue doing. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure how you can achieve them – it’s more important just to start getting your ideas down on paper:

I will STOP (i.e. things that I don’t like about myself):
  • :
  • :
I will START (i.e. things that I would like to improve):
  • :
  • :
I will CONTINUE (i.e. good things about myself that I must persist with):
  • :
  • :
Copy the list out and put it somewhere prominent – on your fridge or next to your computer or bathroom mirror, perhaps. And see how you’re doing in two weeks’ time.

Previous Posts